Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Routines

Babies thrive on routine... or so they say. I have been faithfully sticking to a routine for Henry, even forgoing my own (daily showers? who needs them!) to give him consistency with his wake/sleep cycles. Some days I think it is paying off when he naps easily and wakes up happy, and other days I'm left wondering when is it all going to fall into place? I've asked my mother this question countless times, thinking that a mother of four would be able to tell me. Right? Well, she told me, just not the answer I wanted. "It will happen when it happens." Great. Thanks a pantload, Mom!

Needless to say, the past few weeks have been tough. His naps seemed to be getting better, but his nighttime wakings were getting worse, and then some days he would nap for a total of an hour in what a friend calls "disco naps." Two nights ago he woke up 5 times, but last night it was only 2x. And today he is napping. So, I guess my Mother is right, (yes Mom, you are right!) it will happen when it happens... in Henry time.

And of course, some pictures, because that's what everyone reads this blog for, right??


Always together. Always. 


told ya. 



See? Charlie is always close by...


Looking good in his redwings gear -- it fits just in time for their winning streak! 

1 comment: