Monday, March 5, 2012

It was a beach of a day...

I went back to work last week. It was hard to leave Henry, there were a few (okay, a lot) tears, but once I got into the groove of the day, it flew by and before I knew it, I was heading home. Throughout the day, our babysitter sent me updates via text, videos, and pictures. It was so nice to be able to see Henry during the day -- always with a grin on his face!

So when this morning came, the start of a new week, I wasn't worried about Henry's day at all, just mine as I had things that needed to get done at work. I left the house feeling better than last week and made it to work in record time, excited to have a quiet office for an hour or so to dive into some work. Just as I was getting out of my car, I noticed a shiny set of keys in the cup holder... Ryan's keys. Keys he would need to drive his car to work! Sure, we have an extra key to his car... on my key chain. that.was.in.my.hand. Great. Great. Great. A lot of curse words, followed by a call to my managing attorney, a quick trip up to my office to grab files, and a return commute (in not so record time) home. Did I mention that my commute is an hour?

It was a hectic start to the day, but I managed.... I managed care for Henry, two dogs (dog sitting one for a friend), put in a half-day of work, and didn't go insane!

This morning was a beach, but thr rest of the day was just fine. I got to enjoy all the extra smiles/giggles/cuddles I normally wouldn't have gotten today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment