Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Supermarket Sweep!

I loathe grocery shopping... always have, but even more so now that I usually have Henry in tow. He generally doesn't like being in his car seat (unless he is sleeping) and I don't always have the baby bjorn with me, so I usually end up running through trader joes/whole foods/meijers/target/costco/name any store like a contestant on Supermarket Sweep. I feel like I am racing through the store with a clock counting down (that would be Henry before he starts to get upset or the time when I need to get back to the house to feed him) trying to grab as many items as possible that will make dinners and keep the house/clothes/people clean.

What usually happens is I make a list, but forget said list or don't have time to refer to said list. And usually I'm approaching the checkout, I remember that "one" item - that "golden" item (worth lots of points, but usually at the opposite end of the store from where I am) but then see Mr. Henry stirring and getting antsy, so I leave that item on the shelf, quickly check out, and hope that next time I can win this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment