Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Teamwork

I love weekends. But then again, who doesn't? Weekends now mean I get to have "me" time and Ryan gets to have "Daddy/Henry time." It means I get to go to yoga with my sister, a run outside or a trip to the store sans baby! It's just a few hours, but those hours really help! (I love weekends so much that it's Wednesday and I am just now sitting down to write this!)

I love that Ryan and I are a team -- and although I willingly admit that I am type A and feel the need to do everything on my own, he reminds me that he is willing to tag in at any time to help me get things done. I need to remember that I have an amazing teammate in life who doesn't expect me to do everything and is willing to pitch in where needed -- yes, he can wash cloth diapers (almost) as well as I can (kidding!) and he can take over making dinner when Henry needs to eat, or give Henry a bath, put him to bed, etc etc...

I need to remember that I don't have to do it all, that I'm not expected to, and that I have an incredible partner willing to provide me with the time where I can let go, take time for myself and know that Henry will be just fine.

Practicing his cobra pose

"Hey Mom, this is Daddy/Henry time... no girls allowed!"

Charlie was feeling left out!


Grandma and Grandpa Beach and Aunt Lindsey came over on Sunday to visit with Henry! Henry showed off his new moves of rolling all over the place and pushing up and then turning his body completely around! Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Lindsey were very impressed!

"Hi, Aunt Lindsey!"

"Oh, Hello Grandma!"

"Aunt Lindsey, you're still there!"

"Grandma Beach and Henry"



Daddy always knows how to make him smile!

Grandpa Beach and Henry

LOVES his bath time! 


We had a great weekend, and we are looking forward to the next one -- coming up in a few days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment